Okay, I love my family. Love them to pieces. Seriously. But they're a little out of control in the way of nerdiness. I would dare say every single member except my sister and I could be squarely classified as what one would call a "trekkie." Just in case you don't know, "trekkie" is a term used to classify those obsessed with all things Star Trek.
But instead, I will offer up some random, but incredibly stimulating Star Trek facts:
1) The Star Trek: Next Generation franchise has made over $500,000,000
2) Commander William Riker was called Bill in two episodes only
3) Casters origionally wanted Sidney Poitier to play Geordi LaForge
4) The show brought in roughly about 20 million viewers weekly
5) Patrick Stewart's birthday is July 13, 1940
6) Because Spock was only half-Vulcan, he had green blood (T-negative)
7) There is a model of the Starship Enterprise at the Smithsonian
8) Q was named after Janet Quarton, a British fan
9) Next Generation was the first series to be nominated for an Emmy Award for outstanding drama
10) In 2370, Deanna Troi learned that she had an older sister who had drowned when Deanna was just a baby
And in case you're hungry for some more Star Trek tidbits, Klingon is actually a real, honest-to-goodness language. Here are some Klingon basics that I hope you'll try out at your next party. Trust me, it'll really impress your friends ;)
Where is the bathroom?
nuqDaq 'oH puchpa''e'
We are Klingons!
Your mother has a smooth forehead!
Hab SoSlI' Quch! (This apparently is a strong insult)
Still hungry for more Klingon language info? Visit the Klingon Language Institute here.
Okay, time for me to Sujatlh 'e' yImev...