To say that I've neglected this blog for the last couple of months while lavishing all the attention on my photography website is quite the understatement. And while I can't exactly promise that I'll change my ways, I can guide you to some hilariousness in the form of my brother Jared. He's kind of crazy and awesome and weird all rolled up into a kitty loving little kid. And here is his new blog.
Thursday, June 11, 2009
Monday, April 27, 2009
There's this cool place a couple of neighborhoods over that I like to take Bear for walks. It's basically a swamp with a boardwalk over it and there are all kinds of birds and plants living in it. He loves it because it has so many different smells and his nose goes crazy. Anyway, I took him there last week and he decided he was thirsty. For swamp water. Being the genius he is, he decided to lean over the edge of the boardwalk, even though it's at least a foot above the watery muck. And then he fell in and was stuck trying to get out again. It's too bad no one was around to witness the hilarity that ensued with me trying to pull him out and him straining his little legs to free himself. Finally he came out and he was elated. Doesn't he look proud of himself?
And a close-up of the nastiness:
He smelled so bad afterwards that we had to give him two baths to completely rid him of the stench.
Ps- Do you see that green spot on his forehead in the first pic? That's a grass stain. I have an awesome dog :)
Posted by j at 4/27/2009
Friday, April 17, 2009
Friday, April 10, 2009
I have one question for you Mr. President:
WHERE IS THE PUPPY?
Honestly, I think your cute little girls (and myself) have waited long enough already. Only one thing will cure my depression from all the terrible news of people getting laid off, soldiers dying, and financial meltdowns. And that is... PUPPY MANIA.
Posted by j at 4/10/2009
Monday, March 23, 2009
I've finally worked out the kinks in my new photography website. The pictures are big and you can actually see detail! From now on I'll be posting most of my photographs over there, so subscribe to the RSS feed or add me to your blogroll (or both!). The first few photos from my shoe diptych series are posted so head on over and take a look.
Posted by j at 3/23/2009
Wednesday, March 18, 2009
1) Kara wore some metallic monstrosity of a dress. I really don't understand how her and Paula can critique those girls on their fashion tastes. Seriously? Look in the mirrors ladies. Actually, that goes for Simon and Randy too.
2) I still think that Michael Sarver has to be one of the nicest guys ever. Still, his performance was not great; I think he might be the one to bite the dust this week. Simon said: "On a scale of 1-10 you were a 1.2" and Michael countered with: "At least it wasn't a zero." I don't think he understood the scale.
3) Allison rocked out like she's been doing every week even though the band's arrangement was terrible. Man I love that girl.
4) Danny Gokey wore a lab coat with safety goggles during his performance. It was a good thing too because it was messy up there.
5) Kris, the one who's been casted as the heartthrob, has been steadily improving each week. Along with being adorable he sang really well. And Randy called him a "tender dawg." What the hell is a tender dawg?? Can we vote Randy off? Please? Please? And he can take Kara with him?
6) I wanted to make out with Simon when he called Adam's sickening performance of Ring of Fire "indulgent rubbish."
7) By the end of the season, Alexis will probably have a good case for a sexual harassment suit against Kara. Dear Kara: you are seriously creepy with all of your overtly sexualized comments toward that girl.
8) Two too many people covered Martina McBride.
9) Backstage, Randy calls Simon the lil' judge.
10) Anoop came back from last week's giant misstep to have the best performance of the night.
Posted by j at 3/18/2009
Monday, March 16, 2009
I'm starting to really hate how badly rendered my photos are on here. Click and look at it large. Anyway, I wasn't planning on posting my newest photos until I had my new website up and running, but it's turning into a harder task than I thought it would be so I changed my mind. This is kind of an outtake from the series of photos I'm editing right now, but I really liked it, so I kept it. Don't you just love the peeling paint on the left side? I do :)
Posted by j at 3/16/2009
Friday, March 13, 2009
Don't you hate it when you hear people talking about an interesting topic and you want to jump into it, but you don't know them and that'd just be weird. I do. Anyway, these people were talking about how books are always better than the movie and I wanted to jump in and say that every once in a while a movie is better than the book. Not often, but sometimes. For me that movie is Sense and Sensibility. Emma Thomson's screenplay is flawless, beautiful, and true to the Austen spirit. Are there any movies you think are better than it's literary counterpart?
Posted by j at 3/13/2009
Wednesday, March 11, 2009
Tuesday, March 10, 2009
It's been a little over two months of my 365 project already. Crazy. A picture each day has been a fun and challenging activity, as well as an educational one. I've learned that the best shots usually take planning and time to get them exactly how I want them. When I started the 365 project I had a sense of it being a kind of visual journal for my life, but now I find myself wanting to focus less on what's in my daily life and more on thinking up fun and beautiful images outside of my daily life. So I'm going to be changing things up a little in the near future. The result being that I'll no longer be shooting a photo a day; Instead it'll be more like a set of photos per week. I'm (slowly) working on a new and shinier blog that will be more conducive to photography and already thinking up bigger photo projects (and movie projects!). If all goes well weather wise, the first of these projects will be happening on Saturday.
Posted by j at 3/10/2009
Friday, March 06, 2009
My sister's birthday was a couple days ago and my brother and I made this stop motion video as a present. It was my first foray into stop motion so it's not perfect, but I think it's still pretty cool. It was a lot of fun to make so I'm planning on doing another one soon :)
Posted by j at 3/06/2009
Wednesday, March 04, 2009
I've posted a few pictures of her, but I don't think I've properly introduced you to our cat Sweety (aka Fluffer, Fluffernutter, All Fluff No Brains, Stinky, Stinkerbell, and Stinkerella). She's quite the daredevil kitty. A mixture of curiosity and stupidity makes for a wildly cute monster. Her favorite activities are drinking out of the toilet, antagonizing our dog until he chases her, trying to figure out what kind of creature my printer is, and exploring. We love this little ball of fluff.
Posted by j at 3/04/2009
Monday, March 02, 2009
Sunday, March 01, 2009
Friday, February 27, 2009
Wednesday, February 25, 2009
Sorry I've been a slacker. I've been sick all week and haven't been up to editing and posting photos. I have high hopes that I will get back to posting for real in the next couple of the days :)
Posted by j at 2/25/2009