Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Rock on!

So normally, I'm not a big fan of those quizzes sent over the email, blah blah blah, I don't really care that much and I really don't want to take the time to fill it out. I have better things to do with my time. But being slightly music obsessed (that's putting it very lightly) I couldn't resist this quiz I came across on My Mom Thinks I'm Cool. I found out that most of my life can be accurately described using only John Mayer and Nickel Creek lyrics. So here goes....

The Rules: Take 20 fairly standard and innocuous questions and answer them with music lyrics. Rock on, I say! It may take you some time, but it is always fun to find the perfect song lyrics to answer a question... and now, to the questions!

1.) Are you male or female?

She is frequently kind
And she's suddenly cruel
She can do as she pleases
She's nobody's fool
But she can't be convicted
She's earned her degree
And the most she will do
Is throw shadows at you
But she's always a woman to me

She's Always a Woman, Billy Joel

2.) Who are you?

Have you been half asleep and have you heard voices?
I've heard them calling my name.
Is this the sweet sound that called the young sailors.
The voice might be one and the same.
I've heard it too many times to ignore it.
It's something that I'm supposed to be.
Someday we'll find it, the rainbow connection.
The lovers, the dreamers and me.

Rainbow Connection, Kermit the Frog

I don't get many things right the first time
In fact, I am told that a lot
Now I know all the wrong turns, the stumbles and falls
Brought me here...
And I know that I am, I am, I am the luckiest

The Luckiest, Ben Folds Five

3.) Describe your neighborhood:

But the Colorado rocky mountain high
I've seen it rainin' fire in the sky
The shadow from the starlight is softer than a lullabye
Rocky mountain high

Rocky Mountain High, John Denver

4.)How do you look?

I love you sweeeeatshirt
red hooded sweeeeatshirt
dip dip dip sweeeeatshirt
shama lama ling dong sweeeeatshirt.

Red Hooded Sweatshirt, Adam Sandler

5.) What is love?

You got to leave me now, you got to go alone
You got to chase a dream, one that's all your own
Before it slips away
When you're flyin' high, take my heart along
I'll be the harmony to every lonely song
That you learn to play

When you're soarin' through the air
I'll be your solid ground
Take every chance you dare
I'll still be there
When you come back down
When you come back down

I'll keep lookin' up, awaitin' your return
My greatest fear will be that you will crash and burn
And I won't feel your fire
I'll be the other hand that always holds the line
Connectin' in between your sweet heart and mine
I'm strung out on that wire
And I'll be on the other end,

To hear you when you call
Angel, you were born to fly,
If you get too high
I'll catch you when you fall
I'll catch you when you fall

Your memory's the sunshine every new day brings
I know the sky is calling
Angel, let me help you with your wings

When You Come Back Down, Nickel Creek

6.) If you could say one thing to the person you love, what would it be?

Today skies are painted colors of a cowboy's cliche'
And strange how clouds that look like mountains in the sky
Are next to mountains anyway
Didn't have a camera by my side this time
Hoping I would see the world through both my eyes
Maybe I will tell you all about it
When I'm in the mood to lose my way,
But let me say
You should have seen that sunrise with your own eyes
It brought me back to life

3x5, John Mayer

7.) What's your secret?

My beloved monster and me
We go everywhere together
Wearing a raincoat that has four sleeves
Gets us through all kinds of weather

My Beloved Monster, The Eels

8.) Are you strong?

Sometimes I pray for a slap in the face,
Then I beg to be spared 'cause I'm a coward,
If there's a master of death
I'll bet he's holding his breath,
As I show the blind and tell the deaf about his power
I'm a doubting Thomas
I can't keep my promises
'Cause I don't know what's safe,
Oh me of little faith

Doubting Thomas, Nickel Creek

9.) Where do you wish you were right now?

Do you want to go to the seaside?
I'm not trying to say that everybody wants to go
But I fell in love on teh seaside
On the seaside
On the seaside

Seaside, The Kooks

10.) What do you think about your friends?

You know it's nothing new
Bad news never had good timing
But then the circle of your friends
Will defend the silver lining

The Heart of Life, John Mayer

11.) Any words of advice?

Little child, be not afraid
Though thunder explodes and lightning flash
Illuminates your tear-stained face
I am here tonight
And someday you'll know
That nature is so
The same rain that draws you near me
Falls on rivers and land
On forests and sand
Makes the beautiful world that you'll see
In the morning

Lullaby for a Stormy Night, Vienna Teng

12.) What do you wish you were doing right now?

Road trippin' with my two favorite allies
Fully loaded we got snacks and supplies
It's time to leave this town
It's time to steal away
Let's go get lost
Anywhere in the U.S.A

Road Trippin', Red Hot Chili Peppers

13.) What do you think about drugs?

Judging by the look on the organ grinder,
He'll judge me by the fact that my face don't fit.
It's touching that the monkey sits on my shoulder.
He's waiting for the day when he gets me,
But I don't need no alibi - I'm a puppet on a string

Out of My Mind, James Blunt

14.) If you could say one thing to your enemy, what would it be?

I hope you meet someone your height
So you can see eye-to-eye
With someone as small as you

Somebody More Like You, Nickel Creek

15.) What do you do on Friday nights?

Girl, put your records on,
tell me your favorite song
You go ahead, let your hair down
Sapphire and faded jeans,
I hope you get your dreams,
Just go ahead, let you hair down.

Put Your Records On, Corinne Bailey Rae

16.) What would you do if you won a million dollars?

So tonight I'm gonna party
Like it's 1999
Lemme tell ya somethin'
If you didn't come to party
Don't bother knockin' on my door

1999, Prince

17.) How do you feel right now?

It's late and I'm feeling so tired
Having trouble sleeping
This constant compromise
Between thinking and breathing

Trouble Sleeping, Corinne Bailey Rae

18.) Are you for World Peace?

It's the blind leading the blond
It's the cops collecting for the cons
So where is the hope and where is the faith
And the love... what's that you say to me?
Does love light up your Christmas tree?
The next minute you're blowing a fuse
And the cartoon network turns into the news


If God Will Send His Angels, U2

19.) Where were you born?

Flying Utah!
Flying Utah!
We'll be Flying Utah...

Utah!, Friday's Tribe

20.) Any closing words?

I listen to the wind
To the wind of my soul
Where I'll end up well I think,
Only God really knows
I've sat upon the setting sun
But never, never, never, never
I never wanted water once
No, never, never, never
I listen to my words

but they fall far below
I let my music take me where
My heart wants to go
I swam upon the devil's lake
But never, never, never, never
I'll never make the same mistake
No, never, never, never

The Wind, Cat Stevens

3 comments:

janers said...

WOW WOW WOW. I dont really know what to say. I should follow this up with lyrics of my own. But nothing will ever top this. I love it! Very very cool "I Was Blown Away" (Daughtry) Your my musical hero!

Ben said...

I'm impressed Jennie. I tohught about taking a stab at this, but then I'm reminded I had to listen to that "question" song three times with the intent of listening to the lyrics before I actually did... Yeah, so I don't think I'd make it through the whole quiz. Maybe a question or two at best :-P

Incognito_one said...

Wow.