Tuesday, February 03, 2009

People Watching

If you've been reading this blog for a while or know me in person, you know that I'm a big people watching person. My sister and I try to take every opportunity we get to find interesting people to look at. This past weekend we went to the Ice Sailing event for the Winter Carnival in St. Paul. I took some pictures of the actual sailboats and ice sailors, but also documented some of our favorite people at the event.

This couple was by far the weirdest we saw. They were talking very loudly on their cell phones about calling police and going to jail and lawsuits.


We saw these fantastic matching snowsuits. Aren't they lovely? My sister and I are planning on finding the adult versions.


We couldn't decide if we loved to hate or hated to love this plaid concoction with fur trim.

We are naturally drawn to shiny things:

And some tuckered out children who had no choice but to nap on top of the iced over lake:

This little guy was the cutest little thing:

5 comments:

Sarakastic said...

love the snow suits hate the flannel

enemyemily said...

Great shots.

Diane said...

Wonderful photos.

Allie said...

The weird couple are just so shiningly weird! it's great! They didn't start talking about suing the girl who was taking photos of them without consent? :)

j said...

Actually, it's a common misconception that you need consent to take photos of people, but really it's legal to take pictures of anyone in a public area. Still, I don't want them to start acting weirdly because a camera is pointed at them, so Lizzie and I have a system in place. She pretends to pose, I pretend to shoot her, but really I take a picture of the people behind her :)